Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chair Of Ohio Men's Club Becomes Sitting Member Of Buffalo Organization.

Facebook friend, Steve Cichon, suggested to me that it is most appropriate and customary in Buffalo, to transport your new furniture home by wheeling it down the streets.


Here I am with my truck all rigged and equipped for my walk to pick up my smoking chair. I purchased it on Ebay and it arrived to our Greyhound Bus Terminal.


New Era Joe and VeeMan saw me off. They can be seen sitting on the old smoking steps in front of Big Blue.


The Greyhound Bus Terminal in downtown Buffalo.


My truck is loaded and balanced.


I stopped at this corner to watch new cement being poured at our main library.


The spectacular Lafayette Hotel was the first building designed by a women architect.


The smoking chair stopped for a smoke with other downtown Buffalo workers.


Our beautiful gold topped Buffalo Savings Bank building.


A scene unrivaled by any other in the world.


E.B. Green's at the Hyatt features lounge pianist, Jackie Jocko, Tuesday through Saturday. They no longer allow cigar smoking.


The old Miller Livery Stable was in the news this week.


Avant!


The hand truck pulling up to Big Blue.




New Era Joe honored Buffalo by being our first resident to smoke in the "new" smoking chair. When Joe isn't smoking, he is in charge of maintenance at the New Era Cap Company across the street.

My test drive was successful.


The Big Blue smoking lounge while being remodeled.


A copy cat pushing a hand truck across Delaware at Chip. What are the odds?


Facebook Comments:

Marta Vago
Marta Vago
Even if it weren't, you'd do it anyway and start a new trend.

Steve Cichon
Steve Cichon
I LOVE it. Grandma Cichon smiled down upon your journey. Your chair was lucky to see some grand sights. Mine saw a Fotomat, Sattlers Drugs, PM Berst Funiture, the Paperback Trading Post, Pizza Shanty, and Heidie Tuxedo. I didn't think to take photos.

Brian J. Walker
Brian J. Walker
You need a soundtrack - "Truckin', Home Through Buffalo..."

Dave Sutton
Dave Sutton
I`ll bet ya old Harcord Fenton Mudd would love a shot at THE CHAIR.

Mari McNeil
Mari McNeil
Only you, Howard, would chronicle such an epic journey.

Toni Taber
Toni Taber
Howard, this is great! 'Loved the photos! You & Mary have a style all your own & I'm (we're) loving it!

Jacquie Walker
Jacquie Walker
Howard - this is a priceless record of your sun-splashed journey through downtown Buffalo. I loved every frame of it. (But I'm wondering if you had to pay more for the shipping costs than you did for the chair!)

Jim Trimper Jr
Jim Trimper Jr
Any reason why you did not wheel that bad boy over to city hall and let your buddy the Mayor have the first sit? ;)

Richard E. Reimers
Richard E. Reimers
Much ado about a chair

MaryRuth Rera
MaryRuth Rera
Howard. I love that chair. No. Really. I really love that chair. Howard.



1 comment:

  1. That chair has impressive traveling legs. Makes the traveling gnome look stationary

    ReplyDelete

Buffalo Bloviator Classic